I Have Learned…
that Giving Brings Happiness
If you read “A View from the Tower: Let’s Give”, you will remember how we talked about giving. Jesus told us to give, and promised that we would receive back according to the amount we gave. Most often we will find that Jesus gives us a blessing in our heart when we give. Would you like to share how Jesus helped you to give, and the happiness you got from doing it?
If you can’t think of anything you’ve given, it is not too late to begin. There are many things you can give, but the important thing is to give them cheerfully. Sometimes you may have to pray and ask Jesus to help you be a happy giver.
Here are a few little things you can do that can make a big difference:
- Give a hug to someone that feels sad
- Give smiles, and see how many smiles come back to you
- When Mommy or Big Sister is busy in the kitchen, give them a helping hand
- When Dad or Mom tell you to do something, give them cheerful and quick obedience
- If someone wants to play with your toys, give them kindness and share
- If your little brother or sister wants to do something with you, give them love and be their buddy
This is not a contest, but if you want to tell others how Jesus helped you to give, write it down (or have another person write it down for you) and send it to:
Givers of the Kingdom
P.O. Box 1212
Jefferson, OR 97352